Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Radiation Burns


I started meds today. Well, last night, really. 20 mg of Methimazole along with my beta blocker. I don't really feel any different, but I did have a little heartburn this morning. Not sure if it was related to the meds, but it's reported. Emotionally, I'm okay. It's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that I have a condition that I will have for the rest of my life. I think the day will eventually come when I won't think about it every waking moment. But for now, I am.

I'm so very scared.

Learned something interesting today: people with Grave's Disease often have a sibling who has gone prematurely gray.

I'm not sure when I first saw this picture, but I remember it was in an encyclopedia. I think I was researching WW2, anyway, it added to my fear of radiation. God, even now, it sends a chill down my spine. How will I ever get through this? I can't. I can't do it. I wish I were dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment